2018 at Baffin Bay Rod and Gun Lodge
Arrive at BBR&G around 4:00pm to enjoy happy hour and get together with our other guests and guides. Check in to your room upon arrival*.
Besides fishing or hunting, this is the good stuff (food):
Although every trip at our lodge is a custom trip, we all try very hard to keep a suggested itinerary at the lodge.
- Appetizers are served around 3:30pm
- Dinner in the main lodge is usually served around 6:30pm
- Breakfast in the main lodge kitchen is now being served around 6:30am
Most boats will depart the lodge around 7:00am to begin your fishing trip, however, this will be up to each captain. After your great day of fishing upon arrival to the lodge, take a swim in our pool, a shower in our super cool outdoor shower or in your room. You might even take a cat nap if you are driving home. If you are staying for another day of fishing at BBR&G, refer to the previous paragraphs!
*Typically, our other guests who are departing will have left and your room will be ready when you arrive. At time, guides and anglers may choose not to want to “leave them biting”, and can sometimes be late. This can create a small wait time to check into your room as our staff finishes up the final touches to your room. Our motto at BBR&G is to treat others as you’d want to be treated and we strive to do so. Tomorrow, you may not want to “leave them biting”!. Therefore, we do not have a formal “check-out” time.
Appetizers after fishing at the outdoor bar, poolside:
After a day of fishing, we serve appetizers around 3:30pm, at our poolside outdoor kitchen, and may include any of these refreshing South Texas selections:
- Fresh Black Drum Ceviche, South Texas Style
- Wrights Peppered Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with cream cheese and jalapenos, grilled on the Big Green Egg.
- Pulled Pork smoked on our Traeger Grill, marinated with ginger beer and served on fresh bolillos.
- South of the Border Compechana Cocktail(fresh shrimp, celery, a touch of onion, cucumbers marinated in our homegrown key limes, and “Zing-Zang” bloody mary mix with just a touch of vodka
- Skewered beef tenderloin bites with baby Portobello mushrooms, grilled with a brush of mango habanero glaze
- Fresh, smoked redfish dip with crackers and dipping chips that will make you beg for the recipe.
Skillfully Prepared Dinners include:
A delectable combination of salads, dinners and desserts, plus complimentary wine paired to the dinner selection, is served each night around 6:30pm in our main lodge dining area. We serve an array of favorites that include:
- A fat ribeye steak that is aged 20 days and is certified Black Angus, accompanied by Yukon Gold baked potatoes with all the fixin’s, plus, in-season fresh vegetables from our chef’s garden.
- Frenched, bone-in pork chops seared on the Big Green Egg, brushed with a glaze of mango habanero, served with a seasoned brown and wild rice alongside fresh asparagus grilled to perfection.
- Juicy grilled quail lovingly smoked on the Traeger grill, served atop a mound of creamy roasted garlic mashed potatoes with a warm, sautéed mixture of zucchini and yellow squash from the chef’s garden.
- Skewered XL white shrimp, with green and red peppers, onions, baby Portobello mushrooms and cherry tomatoes from our chef’s garden, served atop jasmine rice with toasted slivered almonds and parsley.
- If you would like us to cook your catch, how about redfish on the half-shell on the Big Green Egg, pan sautéed trout, or a fish fry second to none! Just let us know!
*Please note: Your guide will usually be there for dinner to get to know you, talk about your fishing day and even help you with your rods, reels and tackle. No other lodge on the Texas Coast provides this kind of one-on-one interaction and makes your fishing or hunting adventure even better because of it.
A Hot Breakfast
Our breakfast buffet includes some South Texas favorites like:
- Eggs scrambled with chorizo or sausage, served with homemade flour tortillas.
- Cooked to order blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes.
- Scrambled eggs served alongside tasty home fries and sausage patties and toast.
- Wright’s smoked bacon
- A fun mix of cereals & breakfast bars
- Fresh cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries and other fruit, in-season.
- A variety of coffee, tea, orange juice, and milk.
Hearty Boat Lunches
From our Traeger grill, we select either smoked, peppered pork tenderloin sandwiches, or smoked chicken or chicken salad sandwiches, served with your choice of mayo or Grey Poupon mustard. Each boat has a monster snack bag full of chips, cookies, and candy. All captains have soft drinks and water on board. If you would like other beverages, just ask anyone and it will be loaded aboard your boat.
Everyone always asks about tipping our fantastic guides and staff, so here are a few suggestions:
Guides $75.00 – $100.00 per day.
Kitchen Staff $10.00 per guest / per day.
Housekeeping Staff $10.00 per room / per day.
If you are not into high math, please let our booking manager, add your gratuities to your final invoice. We suggest 15-18% of the total of your tab, which includes guides and all staff. Had an absolutely stellar experience? You can go up from there!
Everyone works hard to make your trip a memorable and relaxing experience. If you have a great time, please let everyone know. Positive feedback is always appreciated!